Upon reflection this morning, I’ve figured that in the the areas that I have MASTERY, this is the process I continually go through and repeat…
1) STUDY. Most often and effectively with a mentor who guides me through the process.
2) APPLICATION. I go out and use it, and as a natural consequence, get results. Some great, some not as great.
3) STUDY AGAIN. I review my results and, most effectively with a mentor, adjust my plan for the next application.
4) APPLY AGAIN. I go out and use it, and as a natural consequence, get results. Some great, some not at great.
…and so on.
Here’s where I have found I’m less effective, and have a level of competence:
1) STUDY: usually myself or with an “info product,” a low end online subscription program, or something like this
2) APPLICATION: go out and try to make it work
3) APPLICATION: try again
4) APPLICATION: try again… and so on.
And here’s where I found I get NOTHING DONE:
1) STUDY: read a book, watch a free webinar, read a website, because with all the information on the internet I can “do it myself”
2) STUDY MORE: keep collecting more information
3) STUDY EVEN MORE: I’ll get it one day because I need to “get all the info”
…and so on.
I don’t know if this is helpful to anyone else, but it sure was helpful to me.
Now to find a ukulele teacher…